离线ra03680

发帖
金钱
经验值
只看楼主 倒序阅读 使用道具 楼主  发表于: 2007-03-19

Frog Story, Taishan, in the 1970s

fficeffice" /> 

Friends,

If you experience Taishan in the 1970s, as a kid, in the outdoor, this story is for you and me. 

Frogs in Taishan,/Taishen, in my memories, there are two distinct breeds.  One breed is the bull-frog, they grow only in the rich rice fields.  They make very deep, calming noise (***ually arousing to frogs) late in the nights to attract ***ual partners.  This breed of fogs is meaty, easy to catch, and delicious. You see them most often on the magazines.  Again, they are easy to catch, and delicious…Yummy…, I want to eat the frog dish as I write this sentence…

The other breed of frog, you have to be patient, to let me capture the full spirits, and its delicacies. This breed of frog, in Taishanese, has a reserved name for it, deserving so.  I think it is called Gupb Gai. (The bull frog mentioned earlier, is called Hien Gai -rice field frog).   Gupb Gai, immediately gives me a notion of lean, agile, evanescent.  Taste wise, they are the mother of all frogs, I prefer Gupb Gai, over any other frogs, without hesitation, then, and now.  Gupb Gai does not have much meat, but every ounce of its body, has the full flavor of the beautiful nature captured in its essence.  A couple Gupb Gai, are sufficient to make a relish diner; you need no other side dishes.  They are that good…taste wise.  I can not dwell on this further…my appetite is wet…

How to catch Gupb Gai, is the guts of this posting.  Where should I begin, my father once give my sister a nickname, calling her Gupb Gai girl, for being agile, lean, alert to her surroundings, and be aware of the predators (yes, put yourself in a female frog state of mind, when it comes to boys and girls…then and perhaps now…I may be stretching a bit, oh well.).   

My first time to catch a frog, it was in a village of our classmate.  He took me out after class.  He sets the agenda.  First thing we did, was to catch grasshoppers.  Easy, grasshoppers are easy to see, easy to catch, we got plenty of them.  Next, he told me to use the grasshoppers like the fishing bait, tied it to the fishing pole string.  Next, he told me, let’s start catch Gupb Gai…

I cursed him, something like, what the **** are you talking about, we are in the middle of nowhere, we were infested by insects, catching Gupb Gai?  I see no Gupb Gai, I smell no Gupb Gai.  All I see is the patch of grassland,  where I just catch the grasshoppers.  Our surrounding itself, is naked with not much life.  

He ignored me, and goes on his innate skill.  He started his catching Gupb Gai routine.  He raised his fishing pole, and maneuvers the grasshopper bait, just as if the grasshopper is alive.  I saw the Gupb Gais, came out from no where (I still don’t know where they hide, or, come from).  The Gupb Gais headed straight to his fishing pole, the grasshopper bait…As the Gupb Gai swallowed half way with the bait (grasshopper), he lift the Gupb Gai in to the air, the Gupb Gai obvious would not give up his/her delicious meal…in any case the Gupb Gai is landed/captured the net/scoop of my classmates left hand, the catching hand. 

I repeated what I observed from him.  It works!  I catch Gupb Gais that way…

10+ years later, I tried the same tricks in ffice:smarttags" />Boston, near a reservoir, no life at the site, at front of me, but just a fishing pole, and a grasshopper at the string…I tossed the bait/grasshopper the same way, and one by one, the frogs come out, and I still don’t know where they come from…Then, I realized, how subtle, and special the skills it is…

Fishing, and how to catch fish, is a major industry in the Western world.  Go to any major sporting goods store, you will see major sections on fishing equipments, and supplies.  White Devils, to these days, still don’t get it,  how to catch Gupb Gais…If the Taishan technique mentioned in this posting, become a popular hobby by the White Devils, then this story would end.  Friends, can you keep this as a secret, It is one of the few Tahishan secrete has to offer to humanity…the undiscovered Taishanness to the Western world…   

I love frogs, however you cut it, frogs are the most environmentally sensitive species.  When there is no frog, our environment is totally ****-up.  There are so many other romantic stories in humanity, with analogy to frog behavior.  For example, do you know the notion of the bull frog, who wants to be the king of all frogs in the Garden of Eden; his gene is the only gene to be passing on.  How about the female frog in the pond, fantasized the mesmerized by the bull frog, both eventually become calcified, just like the frog decorations in your garden…      I don’t want to live in the days when there are no frogs…How about you...
分享到
离线玲珑姑娘

发帖
金钱
经验值
只看该作者 沙发  发表于: 2007-03-20
Sofa! Thanks John, I really enjoy reading your articles.
离线BigPaul

发帖
金钱
经验值
只看该作者 板凳  发表于: 2007-03-24

译文容后再上, 先看看真的夹解先啦. 鸣谢"惊喜"之照片

离线玲珑姑娘

发帖
金钱
经验值
只看该作者 地板  发表于: 2007-03-24
田鸡与此物如何分辨?
离线皇者
发帖
金钱
经验值
只看该作者 4楼 发表于: 2007-03-24

引用

原文由 玲珑姑娘 发表于 2007-3-24 15:24:47 :
田鸡与此物如何分辨?
玲姑:田鸡与夹鸡分别其一是大与小.其二是颜色深浅.
离线BigPaul

发帖
金钱
经验值
只看该作者 5楼 发表于: 2007-03-24

七十年代台山之青蛙的故事fficeffice" />

朋友, 若然你的童年是发生在七十年代的台山, 若然你也曾在户外玩耍, 那么, 这可算是你我共同拥有的故事.

在我的记忆中, 台山/台城地区有两种不同的青蛙. 一种叫牛蛙, 仅生活于稻田中. 它们会在深夜发出,深沉而平和的嘈声去招涞异性. 这种蛙多肉好味又易捉. 在杂志中常见到它们. 对呀, 既好吃又易捉...Yummy...,下笔至此, 真想能吃上用青蛙做的菜.

另一种蛙, 你得耐心点, 让我捕捉返所有精髓和它的美味这种蛙, 在台山话中有它一个专有的名字, 它当之无愧的专有名字. 我想那是"Gupb Gai(夹解)". (之前提到的牛蛙又叫田鸡 -- 稻田蛙). 夹解给我的印象是细小,敏捷及来去无踪. 至于味道吗, 它是所有青蛙之首, 较萁他任何蛙种, 我钟意夹解多些, 以前是, 现在也是.  夹解并没有很多肉, 但它那细小躯体的每一丝都充满着美妙的风味. 两只夹解已足够用来做一道美味可口的菜, 根本不需其他配菜. 它就是那么好味那么好吃简直难以进一步形容 …. 口水都流出来了….

捉夹解的方法, 乃本文之要点.  从何讲起呢,  爸爸当年给姐姐起了个绰号, 叫她夹解女,  寓意灵敏, 醒目, 及警觉捕猎者 (对呀, 站在雌性夹解的角度想下,  若扯到男仔女仔 …. ,  扯太远了…. )

我第一次捉夹解,  是在一位同学的村子里.  他下课后带我到外头, 并定下要做的步骤.  首先要捉草猛.  易极了, 转眼间就逮了很多. 接着, 他让我象上魚饵般把草猛绑在鱼杆线上, 然后他说, 捉夹解吧

说什么呀? 我们在这不知是哪里的鬼地方, 正被成群成簇的蚊虫袭击着, 捉啥夹解 …. 我埋怨着他. 见不到夹解, 也闻不到夹解, 眼前仅是一片草地, 在这我们刚捉了不少草猛.  周围环境, 似乎并没有太多生命的存在.

他没有理会我, 继续着他那天生的本领.  他开始捉夹解. 挥起魚杆,  吊着线另一头的草猛, 象活草猛一样跳动着.  看见了!  夹解不知从哪里跳了出来 (至今我仍不明白他们藏身何处, 或从何而来…) 夹解直往他的杆子方向奔, 朝着那草猛跑当夹解将饵料吞得差不多了, 他便提起杆子, 夹解不肯放弃到口的美食, 于是便被提到半空并落入我同学手中的网子中.

我也跟着做, , 还真行呢!  我也逮到夹解啦

十几年后,  我在波士顿试用了同样的方法,  在水库边, 见不到前面有活的动物, 只有渔杆绑上草猛象以前那样抛出饵物/草猛青蛙一个一个地跑了出来不知从何而来  不禁为感叹它们那特有的灵巧求生技能而感叹

钓魚, 如何捕魚, 在西方世界是一个大行业. 走进任何一家体育用品店, 你都会发现相当大的钓魚用品设备专柜. 白鬼们至今仍不明白怎样捉夹解如果有朝一日, 本帖提到的台山特有的捉夹解技术成为鬼佬世界流行的消遣,  那么, 本故事也该收尾了.     朋友们, 你能保守这秘密吗, 这可是对人类有所贡献的少数台山秘方之一西方世界发现新台山….

我喜欢青蛙, 不管怎样看, 他们是对环境最敏感的生物种类如果没有他们, 我们的环境会变得杂乱无章在人文世界, 有那么多用青蛙寓意的浪漫故事.  譬如, 牛蛙就曾想成为伊甸园中的青蛙之王, 独占所有的娃娘们还有, 池塘中的青蛙姑娘, 梦想着成为牛蛙的情人 …. 结果双双变成石头, 就象你家园子里那

装饰用的青蛙石像那样 我不要活在没有青蛙的日子里你呢?(BigPaul ) 

发帖
金钱
经验值
只看该作者 6楼 发表于: 2007-03-25

哈哈!一只小小的青蛙,引出了BigPaul一大段的表述,难得,但是,我又要作少少的更正了:

一、成年的青蛙(台山话叫田鸡)的体型是成年“夹解”的一倍以上。

二、它们外形的最显著区别在于,只有“夹解”的背部顺着脊背有一条分界线(参照上述照片)。

三、台山以前没有牛蛙(现在在赤溪镇有专业养殖户),而牛蛙的体重是青蛙体重的5-10倍,体型足有人的巴掌大!是本地引进美国的品种养殖的,而且味道没有青蛙清甜!

四、蛙类都基本上是弱视或色盲!看不清静止的东西!只看清活动的物体!只要看蟾蜍吃昆虫就知道了,我们以为蟾蜍不吃死了的昆虫,其实不是,是它们看不见!所以对周围环境并不算敏感,但对声音和动感却非常敏感!而它们逃跑时是非常敏捷的!所以,我们小时候去钓“夹解”或“田鸡”,要小心翼翼地走近,用钓子绑着钓腻,不停地一上一下地活动,才能吸引“夹解”和“田鸡”的注意并且上钓!

离线ra03680
发帖
金钱
经验值
只看该作者 7楼 发表于: 2007-03-25

四眼光头佬您是一台山 家伙。  您和我去捉住“夹解”一起,一天,也许是与全部啤酒,并且杀虫剂,将我们?  至于世界其他地方,我们让他们有“牛蛙”只,他们要的所有,上升在农场。

BigPaul、我感谢和溶质对您为做翻译。  优秀翻译,它充分地明确什么我真正地意味。  我将珍惜您的时间和只写投稿与物质,该当您的做翻译的时期,当需要时。  很少人感觉根本刺激在故事之后,但那是好的。  一从现在起一百年,讨论在这个投稿也许变得相当相关和重大。

离线ra03680
发帖
金钱
经验值
只看该作者 8楼 发表于: 2007-03-25

二、它们外形的最显著区别在于,只有夹解的背部顺着脊背有一条分界线(参照上述照片)。

四眼光头佬   您错误。    “夹解背有一条分界线,只有当他们青年期。  成人“夹解”,是象BigPail的相片。  但是,我记得我捉住更多“夹解”,您描述了(青少年“夹解”),而不是成人在BigPaul的相片看见的一个。  少量青年期“夹解”增长由决定是成人  “夹解”,如被看见在BigPaul的图片,在我们的天,在 70年代在Taishen。  您是一好Taishenese,但,当它来“夹解”,我在您仍然有优势。  您可以是害怕的位(hahaha…)。  啤酒和捉住   “夹解”在Taishen,它似乎是一非常崇高的,以理想主义,或许现在一个高梦想… 您得到我的点…

离线yqc

发帖
金钱
经验值
只看该作者 9楼 发表于: 2007-03-25
ra03680:我真的服了你。请问波士顿何处有成人(夹解)?何地有青年期的(夹解)?何方有青少年的(夹解)?我准备与bigpaul兄去大钓一场。哈哈--------
离线ra03680
发帖
金钱
经验值
只看该作者 10楼 发表于: 2007-03-25

二、它们外形的最显著区别在于,只有夹解的背部顺着脊背有一条分界线(参照上述照片)。

四眼光头佬   您错误。    “夹解背有一条分界线,只有当“夹解” 不充分地增长。  充分地增长“夹解”,是象看见在BigPaul的相片。  但是,我记得我捉住更多“夹解”,您描述了(不充分地增长“夹解”),而不是成熟“夹解”看见在BigPaul的相片。  非常少量婴“夹解”增长成熟的“夹解”,如被看见在BigPaul的图片,在我们的天,在 70年代在Taishen。  您是一好Taishenese,但,当它来“夹解”,我在您仍然有优势。  您可以是害怕的(hahaha…)。  饮啤酒和捉住   “夹解”在现在Taishen,它似乎是一非常崇高的,遥远,以理想主义。  它仍然是一个高尚的概念,在真正的日常生活中,并且在梦想…希望您得到我的点…

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

二、它们外形的最显著区别在于,只有夹解的背部顺着脊背有一条分界线(参照上述照片)。fficeffice" />

四眼光头佬,   you are wrong.    夹解背有一条分界线, only when “夹解” are not fully grown.  Fully grown “夹解”, are just like seen in Big Paul’s photo.  Still, I remember that I catch more “夹解”, as you described (not fully grown “夹解”), rather than the mature “夹解” seen in Big Paul’s photo.  Very few baby “夹解” grown up to be mature “夹解”, as seen in Big Paul’s picture, even in our days, at the 1970s at Taishen.  You are one good Taishenese, but when it comes to “夹解”, I still have the upper hand on you.  You may be a bit scared (hahaha…).  Drinking Beers and catching   夹解” at Taishen now, it seems to be very lofty, remote, with idealism.  It is still a noble notion, both in real daily life, and in dream…Hope you get my point…

离线BigPaul

发帖
金钱
经验值
只看该作者 11楼 发表于: 2007-03-26
引用
原文由 四眼光头佬 发表于 2007-3-25 0:27:50 :

哈哈!一只小小的青蛙,引出了BigPaul一大段的表述,难得,但是,我又要作少少的更正了:

BigPaul 谨作力所能及之社区服务(翻译)而已, 不要向信差开火(Don't shoot the messager)

离线玲珑姑娘

发帖
金钱
经验值
只看该作者 12楼 发表于: 2007-03-26

Big Paul:

Good Job! 粉丝支持您!

离线BigPaul

发帖
金钱
经验值
只看该作者 13楼 发表于: 2007-03-26